Cowboy BBQ Collard Rolls
You can add other ingredients to these Collard Rolls and serve them hot or cold, whole or cut in half!
- 1-3.5oz pkg Yumbini Cowboy BBQ Pinto Beans and Rice Prepared according to package directions
- 6 to 8 6"-8" wide Fresh Collard Leaves Number depends on size and if you add extra veggies
- Thinly sliced vegetables such as bell pepper, onion or carrot Optional
- Ketchup or BBQ Sauce Optional (but we recommend True Made Foods No Sugar Added Ketchup)
- Prepare Yumbini with 3/4 cup water according to package directions and set aside.
- Start a big pot of water boiling on the stove.
- Rinse the collard leaves and trim out the thick stems
- When the water is boiling, drop the trimmed leaves into the water, boil for one to two minutes.
- Drain the boiling water and immediately add cold water to the pot to cool the leaves.
- Place one leaf at a time, vein side up on the counter. Put 1/8th to 1/6th of the Yumbini (two or three spoonsful) on the leaf, just above the spot where you trimmed out the stem.
- If desired, add other thinly sliced vegetables, laying horizontal.
- Fold the two bottom "tails" up, then fold in the sides and roll forward to make a nice packet.
- Continue until you have all the Yumbini rolled up in the collard leaves.
- If you plan to serve the Collard Rolls cold, you are done! Serve whole or cut in half using a serrated knife and serve open side up for dramatic effect.
- To heat the Collard Rolls, place in a steamer basket in a pot with about an inch of water in the bottom.
- Cover and heat on the stove until the water boils. Steam for 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, place rolls on a microwave safe plate and heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until hot, turning often.
- Serve with ketchup or barbecue sauce if desired.
- Try Collard Rolls as appetizers or finger food on your next party or picnic!