Fresh Fava Beans with Cowboy BBQ (Seasonal series)
Fava beans are easy and satisfying to grow yourself. Plus they enrich the soil! In Northern California, I planted mine in December and they are ready for eating in May. Just boil and squeeze out of the skins. Delicious!
- 1 3.5oz pkg Yumbini Cowboy BBQ Pinto Beans and Rice prepared according to package directions
- 2 large handfuls Fresh Fava Beans
- Prepare the Yumbini Cowboy BBQ Pinto Beans and Rice with 3/4 cup water according to package directions. Set aside to cool
- Remove fava beans from pods.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add fava beans and boil 2-3 minutes until skin on beans starts to split.
- Drain beans in a colander and rinse with cold water
- Squeeze beans out of their skins onto your Yumbini. (Hint if the skin has not split, make a tiny bite with your teeth.) Enjoy the wonderful flavor and color contrast!
- Call someone you care about and say "hi".