Yumbini with Roasted Vegetables
Roasting works well with winter squash, carrots, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, green beans, onions, rutabaga, turnips, and parsnips.
- 1 3.5 oz pkg Yumbini (any flavor) Prepared according to package directions
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil Or cooking oil of your choice
- Vegetables, cut Hard vegetables work well, see list above
- Salt optional
- Ground Black Pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Rinse vegetables with water.
- Trim off hard stems, ends, and any blemishes. Remove seeds. No need to peel unless vegetables are very old or blemished. Cut into pieces about 1/2-3/4 inch thick.
- Place cut vegetables in a large baking pan. Hint: Glass pans help with browning. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables; you want just enough to coat the pieces, but not so much your veggies are swimming in oil. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Mix oil (and salt and pepper if used) into vegetables using your hand so each piece is coated with oil. Hint: mix with one hand so you can use the other one to add more oil or seasonings if needed.
- Spread vegetables into a single layer and put pan into 450F degree oven.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, until veggies are softened and brown on the edges. While veggies are roasting, prepare Yumbini with 3/4 cup water according to package directions.
- Serve with Yumbini and ENJOY!