Super Bowl Taco Bowl
Our Black Beans and Rice give this salad lots of flavor to make it anything but boring. You can adjust the ingredients as you like. Pretty much the only requirements are salad greens and Yumbini! Try adding any or all of the following: chopped bell pepper, sliced chipotle, black olives, tomatoes, salsa, avocado, lemon or lime juice, canned or frozen corn, grated carrots, sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, parsley, chopped kale, pepitas, and red, yellow or green onion.
- 1 3.5oz pkg Yumbini Smoky Chipotle Black Beans and Rice prepared according to packaging directions
- 1 cup Salad Greens
- 1 cup Chopped Cabbage
- 1-2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar adjust to taste, reduce if adding salsa
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Crushed Tortilla Chips clean out the bottom of the bag!
- 1/2 cup Chopped Tomato or Salsa fresh, canned or jarred
- 1/3 cup Chopped avocado or guacamole
- 1/3 cup Grated Carrot
- 1/2 cup Grated Cheese Cheddar, Jack, Cotija or Parmesan
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- Prepare Yumbini Smoky Chipotle Black Beans and Rice using 3/4 cup water according to package directions. Set aside.
- Rinse and tear or chop salad greens and put in the bottom of a large shallow salad bowl or platter.
- Chop cabbage and spread over the salad greens.
- Sprinkle with red wine vinegar.
- Drizzle on olive oil
- Arrange crushed tortilla chips in a ring around the outside edge of the bowl.
- Chop tomato and arrange on top of cabbage, leaving a space in the center.
- Chop avocado and arrange on top of cabbage, leaving a space in the center
- Grate carrot and arrange on top of cabbage, leaving a space in the center
- Grate cheese and arrange on top of cabbage, leaving a space in the center
- Measure sour cream and place on top of cabbage, leaving a space in the center
- Stir Yumbini Smoky Chipotle Black Beans and Rice lightly and add to space in center of bowl.
- After everyone has had a chance to admire your beautiful salad, toss and serve. Enjoy!