Savory Valentine Hearts
Heart shaped Yumbini for you and your sweetheart! Any Yumbini flavor will work, but if you want red color, go for Cowboy BBQ.
- 1 3.5 oz pkg Yumbini Instant Beans and Rice any flavor, use Cowboy BBQ for red color
- 2 large leaves Chard or Kale Can substitute with salad greens
- Additional vegetables for decoration onions, carrots, bell pepper, cherry tomato, celery, herbs, edible flowers
- Vinaigrette, yogurt or mayonnaise optional
- Prepare Yumibini with 3/4 cup water according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- If using chard or kale, cut out the stems and chop or tear the leaves.
- Rinse chopped greens. Boil a pot of water. Add greens and cook only until wilted and bright green (about 30 seconds). Drain and cool immediately with cold water.
- Arrange cooked greens (or fresh salad greens) on two small plates.
- Cut ribs of greens, onions, carrots, bell pepper, celery or other colorful vegetable into shapes for decorating. Don't worry, there are no rules. Have fun!
- Fill a small heart shaped cake pan or cookie cutter with half of the Yumbini. Pack it down tightly. Then unmold onto one plate, and repeat for the other.
- Have fun decorating! Ribs of rainbow chard are colorful, as are carrots. White onions and bell peppers give contrast. Try adding edible flowers such as rosemary, thyme, or nasturtiums.
- Serve at room temperature or warm slightly in the microwave. Add a light viniagrette (2 parts vinegar to 1 part oil), yogurt or mayonnaise if desired.