Southwest Stuffed Bell Peppers
So easy and so impressive!
- 1 3.5 oz pkg Yumbini Smoky Chipotle Black Beans and Rice
- 2 med-large Bell Peppers raw, any color
- 4-5 Mushrooms
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheese Cheddar, Jack or Colby
- Prepare Yumbini with 3/4 cup water according to package directions.
- While Yumbini is cooking and cooling, cut the tops off two bell peppers. Remove the core and seeds.
- Place bell peppers in a pot with a steamer basket and about 1 inch of water in the bottom. Cover and heat on high until water is boiling. Steam bell peppers 3-5 minutes until slightly soft but not soggy.
- Remove the stem and chop the remaining bell pepper tops.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron or stainless frying pan and sauté the mushrooms and chopped bell peppers until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and add the Yumbini and shredded cheese. Mix lightly. It will be a bit sticky but that is what makes it yummy!
- Spoon the Yumbini filling into the steamed bell peppers, mounding it up on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until piping hot, and the cheese has melted.