Yumbini Cowboy BBQ Pinto Beans and Rice with Sauteed Greens
- 1-3.5oz pkg Yumbini Cowboy BBQ Pinto Beans and Rice
- 1 Tbsp Cooking oil such as olive oil
- 8-10 stalks Fresh Swiss chard, kale or collard greens or 3-4 cups washed, pre-cut greens
- 1-2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar optional
- 1 dash Salt optional
- Prepare Yumbini Cowboy BBQ Pinto Beans and Rice using 3/4 cup water according to package directions.
- While Yumbini is cooking, rinse and chop greens. NOTE: If you use pre-cut and washed greens, skip to step 7.Otherwise, rather than rinsing leaves one at a time, try chopping first and washing after, using a strainer or colander in a bowl or basin of water.
- Cut leaves down the center and stack into a pile.
- Then cut crossways through the entire pile.
- Place the greens in the colander/strainer and swish around.
- Lift the colander/strainer out of the water and leave all the dirt behind.
- Heat the cooking oil over high heat, in a large cast iron, stainless or carbon steel skillet or wok. When the oil is very hot, add the greens. It will splatter and steam so stir quickly.
- Cook over high heat until most of the water from the greens has evaporated.
- Add Yumbini. Toss lightly and serve! Top with red wine vinegar or a dash of salt if desired.