Eggplant Lentil Stew with Mint
This warm, comforting stew comes together in just 15 minutes! But it tastes better the longer it sits. So feel free to make ahead and don't be afraid of left overs!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1 14.5oz can Diced Tomatoes in Juice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 35 oz pkg Yumbini Curried Turmeric Lentils and Rice dry
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped or 2 tsp dry mint
- Rinse Eggplant and chop into 3/4 inch cubes (no need to peel)1 Medium Eggplant
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, then add eggplant. Cover and sautee until lightly browned and beginning to soften, stiring often, 3-5 minutes.2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- While eggplant is cooking, chop the mint coarsely.2 Tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped
- Add canned tomatoes.1 14.5oz can Diced Tomatoes in Juice
- Add water.1 cup Water
- Add Yumbini Curried Turmeric Lentils and Rice.1 35 oz pkg Yumbini Curried Turmeric Lentils and Rice
- Add mint.2 Tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped
- Mix everything together, turn down heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Fantastic served with french bread and a green salad.