Tangy Cinco de Mayo Salad
This weekend we saw our friends from Sideyard Shrubs fruit infused vinegars. At the same time, our illustrious Yumbini label designer, Sandra Murray asked if Yumbini has a Cinco de Mayo recipe. And that is how this tangy salad came to be! It can't claim to have any true Cinco de Mayo connection, but it sure is tasty!
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 3.5 oz pkg Yumbini Smoky Chipotle Black Beans and Rice
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped optional
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar Sideyard Shrubs or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine frozen corn and dry Yumbini in a microwave safe bowl (or pot if using stovetop).
- Add water and heat in microwave or on stovetop until mixture is boiling rapidly, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Chop bell pepper, and if desired, cilantro.
- Add olive oil to Yumbini/corn mixture.
- Add Sideyard Shrubs fruit infused vinegar, or apple cider vinegar to Yumbini/corn mixture.
- Mix in red bell pepper, and if desired, cilantro.
- REFRIGERATE IMMEDIATELY AND CHILL FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR.
If you want to make yourself a tangy, tasty, non-alcoholic spritzer, just mix 1 tablespoon of Sideyard Shrubs fruit infused vinegar, or apple cider or red wine vinegar with one cup of carbonated water. Float a lemon, lime or orange slice on top.